S24O – Sub-24 hour Overnight bike camping trip, S24O was coined by Grant Peterson of Rivendell Bicycle Works and it basically means – “You leave on your bike in the late afternoon or evening, ride to your campsite in a few hours, camp, sleep, and ride home the next morning. It’s that simple, and that’s the beauty of it. You can fit it in.”
Under 30 kms:
Naturepur (An already functional Camp site beside Kolar River), Kanhan River Bed, Vena Dam, Gorewada, Zilpi Lake, Bhivkund reservoir, Salaimendha reservoir, Pitesur Dam, Mhasala Dam, Bina River Confluence, Kalmeshwar Forest, Mangli Lake, Saiki Lake, Ukkarwahi Lake, Kathlabodi Forest, Bid-Borgaon dam.
Under 70 kms:
Adventure Village Ramtek: There are many campgrounds nearby including camping inside a fort, khindsi backwaters, Gadmandir, Karpoor Bawdi, Camping in nursery, Camping in agriculture farms.
You have 2 options for S24O:
- Do it yourself (DIY):
- We will provide tents, sleeping bag, mattress on rent. Site selection, Tent pitching and cooking will be done by participants themselves. This can be done by people who already have some camping skills and preferably own touring bikes to carry things needed.
- Assisted Bike-Camping: We will provide the following
- Camping gears
- Tent, Sleeping Bag, Mattress, Camping chairs, Head Torch.
- A vehicle carrying the following
- All camping gears
- Ration, vegetables and utensils for cooking food.
- Support staff for food arrangements, tent pitching and other works
These items are optional, but can be made available as well, if needed:
- Bikes on rent
- Various types of tent for example hammock tent etc
- Additional useful gears
- If campsite chosen is at long distance, a vehicle to transport riders and bikes
Please get in touch with us to plan your S24O with family and friends.